Thursday, November 4, 2010

Best Sports Movie of all time

Wow, I'm actually posting early today instead of starting to write my blog after 11 pm and not posting till after midnight (reason why Nov. 2nd it looks like I have no post for that day...)

As I get ready for a reunion trip to Seattle for the weekend my main reason for traveling is to race the PNTF Cross Country Championships on Sunday Nov. 7th.  After writing last night's blog and ending with the quote from the 1982 Academy Award winner for Best Picture, Chariots of Fire, it got me thinking about other favorite sports movies.  Now I haven't seen all of them, but my favorites are in somewhat of an order below.

I'd love to hear what your favorites are...maybe it can help spark me in my training...who know?!

10)Sandlot
9)Cool Runnings
8)Major League
7)Rocky
6)Rudy (although recently Joe Montana states the story wasn't even close to be true...)
5)Field of Dreams
4)Remember the Titans
3)Fire on the Track (documentary of Steve Prefontaine)
2)Chariots of Fire
1)Hoosiers (by far my favorite sports movie!)

1 comment:

dziubski said...

Breaking Away? How's training?