Friday, November 5, 2010

Back in Seattle

This morning the beautiful Beth Johnson drove me to the airport bright...i mean dark...and early.  I knew that the days were getting shorter, but it hadn't totally hit me yet considering I can get my runs in basically whenever I want instead of last winter getting them all in after work (5pm) in Seattle, while it had been dark for close to an hour...(summers on the other hand are amazing, you have light until close to 10pm!).

I arrived in Seattle around 10:30 and took the very nice and new Light Rail into downtown where my friend Robert Kilcup picked me up.  Rob and his wife (it's still weird, but awesome to say...) Meg have opened their home to me to stay with them for the long weekend while I'm out here.  Sunday I will wear the Orange and Blue for Club Northwest and race the PNTF XC 10k championships for my old Seattle Club Team.  I'm really looking forward to racing and catching up with the old Seattle Crew for a few days.

Immediately when I stepped out of the airport the Freshness of Seattle rushed to my skin and the bright and crisp air brought back some amazing memories and feelings of living in the Northwest the past 2+ years!  Don't get me wrong, I love Chicagoland, still KNOW that Chicago is the greatest city not only in the US, but in the WORLD, but Seattle will always hold a special place in my heart...maybe even see me return someday to live again for a time...who knows?!

Well, this was a big of a hodge podge update, but to all my Seattle Friends, I"m in town until Tuesday Morning...PNTF XC Champs 10k start is 11:30 on Sunday the 7th at Lower Woodland Park, south of Greenlake...you should all come!!!

Peace out till tomorrow

"dream big dreams"

No comments: