Monday, November 8, 2010

Club Nationals, Dec 11th

I woke up this morning from a message from the Club Northwest teams committee chair (Jerry) with great news!  After my performance yesterday I was selected to run for the team at USATF's Club Nationals in December!  I'm looking forward to running against some of the countries best runners.  Now, this race won't bring out America's top runners, but there will be some really good runners from some of the top club teams like ZAP fitness and New York Road Runners and a few others.  Club took 6th last year, but I think this year's team has a chance to improve on that spot and move into top 3 for sure!

Here is Club Northwest's link for the team selection.  It includes 9th place USA track and field 10k finisher from the 2010 National champs Mike Sayenko.  Mike also finished 10th overall at the Chicago Marathon this past October.  I had a fun day biking the course to cheer him on as much as I could and watch his awesome race unfold!  The team also includes Joe Gray who is the top US mountain/trail runner.
http://clubnorthwest.org/index.php/team/2010-cross-country

Here is the link for Club Nationals, just in case you want to come out to Charlotte, NC to cheer me on!!!
http://www.usatf.org/events/2010/USATFClubXCChampionships/index.asp

Peace out peeps!

Shawn

No comments: